The App managing endometriosis
An evidence-based App was created containing the full text of the guideline, separated in chapters, with links to background information and instructions. Furthermore, the app includes a decision-aid based on the recommendations within the guideline.
For reasons of transparency and validity, a rigorous methodology was applied on defining the decision-aid:
- recommendations are copied to the letter,
- links to the full text of the guideline describing the reasoning behind the recommendations are provided,
- pathways are clarified to the users by visualising the flow charts.
The decision aid is subdivided in 6 topics:
- recognition of symptoms
- clinical examination
- establishing diagnosis
- treatment of endometriosis-associated pain
- endometriosis-associated infertility
- choosing hormonal treatment.
Available for iOS and Android mobile devices and computers
The ESHRE App “Managing endometriosis” is freely accessible for ESHRE members.