1) General: The European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (hereafter referred to as “ESHRE”) recognizes the importance of a trustworthy and secure website, and online communication. Hence, it is our priority to ensure the privacy of all those - visitors and customers – who visit our website at http://www.eshre.eu (hereafter referred to as the “Site”). This privacy declaration is applicable to the Site, operated by ESHRE. ESHRE wants to stress that it strives to act at all times in accordance to the Belgian Privacy Act of 8 December 1992 regarding the protection of privacy in relation to the processing of personal data.
ESHRE may change, supplement or amend this privacy declaration for whatever reason, considering the operation of the Site might change. Any change will be announced on the Site and/or via email to potential user, and the new privacy declaration shall enter into force thirty (30) days after the announcement. This privacy declaration was last modified on 10 March 2016.
To learn more about the way in which personal data are collected and processed on this Site, you need to read this privacy declaration. This privacy declaration must be read together with ESHRE’s legal disclaimer.
2) Processing of personal data: When you use this Site and / or communicate your personal data, ESHRE will collect and process your personal data as described in this privacy declaration.
- Types of personal data: By means of this Site your name, address and email will be gathered when registering as a member, when filling out a contact form, or when registering for activities organized or arranged by ESHRE.
Like many other web sites, the Site automatically collects certain technical information regarding its visitors, such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the visitor’s computer, the IP address of the Internet Service Provider, the date and time the visitor accessed the Site, the Internet address of the website from which the visitor linked directly to the Site, the operating system used by the visitor, the sections of the Site visited, the Site pages accessed and information viewed, and the materials posted to or downloaded from the Site. This technical information is used for the Site’s operational needs, system administration purposes and to improve the Site.
- Manner in which the information is being collected: The Site can be visited without submitting any personal information. Personal data is captured from the moment you create an account and thus specifically and voluntarily provided by you.
- Information use: ESHRE uses your personal data only to, respectively, provide requested information or to allow you to engage in online activities such as (but not limited to) registering as a member filling out a contact form, or registering for activities organized or arranged by ESHRE. When you no longer want to receive information about ESHRE activities and services, you can at any time unsubscribe by clicking on “unsubscribe” at the bottom of your email or in writing by simple e-mail notification.
- Disclosure of information to third parties: Information about visitors of our Site will not be disclosed to third parties except when it is required to provide a service to you (e.g. when such third party needs to send the visitor an e-mail, which will allow the visitor to download the campus meeting-app). Nevertheless we have the obligation to transfer your personal data to the competent authorities if they are in possession of a court order.
The data can also be processed by us in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
You should also note that data that is posted by you on public places such as - but not limited to - comments on the discussion fora or customer reviews, can be consulted by everyone.
3) Use of email address: Your email address will only be used for the above mentioned purposes. Under no circumstance your email address, username or passwords will be passed on to third parties. If you no longer wish to receive information about ESHRE activities or services, you can at any time unsubscribe by clicking on “unsubscribe” at the bottom of your email or in writing by simple e-mail notification.
4) Rights of the visitor: You have the right, free of charge, to ask us what types of personal data ESHRE has concerning you and to ask ESHRE to modify of delete these data free of charge. You can exercise this right by contacting ESHRE via the contact details as set out below, provided that you adequately identify yourself.
In addition, you also have the right to request and - free of charge - to oppose to the intended processing of your personal data, when the processing is done for the purposes of direct marketing.
5) Notification to the privacy commission: ESHRE has made a notification to the Belgian privacy commission on 23 February 2016.
6) Security: ESHRE maintains strict policies and security controls to assure that visitor information in the ESHRE computer systems and files is protected. ESHRE’s employees are permitted access only to visitor’s information that they may need to perform their jobs and to provide service to you. All employees and affiliates are required to respect visitor privacy.
ESHRE makes all reasonable efforts to keep its servers, applications and databases secure and free from unauthorized access and use by using physical, administrative and technological measures to protect the information maintained.
Notwithstanding ESHRE’s security policies and controls and its efforts in general, and infallible level of security cannot be guaranteed by ESHRE. In case there should be concerns about the safe use of the Site and security of personal information, visitors of the Site have the right and freedom not to transmit such information over the Internet.
7) Contact: ESHRE is responsible for processing your personal data and shall ensure confidentiality and security of these data. In case of questions, please contact:
1852 Grimbergen (Belgium)